Prince Naseem Hamed mulls over six-fight offer
Report by (November 8, 2005)
  Also Read: Hatton is my hero, admits Hamed

Prince Naseem Hamed has been offered a six-fight deal by an American television network, the former world featherweight champion has said.

The 31-year-old Sheffield fighter suggested last week that he was on the verge of making a come-back after three years out of the ring.

And speaking to BBC Radio Sheffield today, Hamed confirmed that this could be the case as soon as early next year.

"If everything goes right in training, we're making plans for early-mid next year," he said.

"There are no opponents as yet, we're just talking to TV. Then hopefully next year there'll be a nice, big fight."

Hamed became the youngest ever world champion from Britain when he collected the WBO featherweight title aged just 21 years and seven months in 1995.

However, his career was brought to a halt after losing the only fight of his career on points to the Mexican Marco Antonio Barrera in April 2001 and then labouring to an unimpressive win, in his most recent fight, in May 2002 against Manuel Calvo.

"I've really missed boxing because I've been doing it for a hell of a long time, and I consider myself not bad at it," he added.

"But then again I think boxing has missed me and it's time to get back and do some stuff. My confidence has never really gone. I'm raring to go after a good three-year lay-off."

Source --

Also Read: Hatton is my hero, admits Hamed

VOTE: Click: Klitschko Should Be Stripped: say Don King What Do you Think?

© Copyright / All Rights reserved: DHB 1998-2005