Allan Green and Antwone Smith score Wins
By German Villasenor (Oct 3, 2009) DoghouseBoxing (Photo © Tom Casino/SHOWTIME)  
Hard hitting Super Middleweight Allan Green (29-1, 20KOs) won a majority decision over Tarvis Simms (25-1-1, 11KOs) who came in to the bout on a six day notice on the showbox televised main event at the First Council Casino in Newkirk, Oklahoma.

After a mostly a lack luster fight through the first three rounds, the action picked up at the end of the fourth, as the experimented Simms would get caught a few times, with a body shot and a couple of chin checkers at the end of the round.

Simms slipped into the southpaw stance at the onset of the fifth round, scoring well with lead lefts to the head, Green would act confused and uncomfortable for the rest of the round.

Green would open up after training in more uncomfortable ground after two more rounds, letting his hands go , driving back Simms in the eight round, before a couple of chin shots rocked Green against the ropes.

Simms reverted to the orthodox stance in the ninth, giving his opponent a chance to get more work in, doing some solid work and taking the round.

Both men went at it on a brisk pace in the tenth and final round, with both fighters showing respect for each other after the fight.

Scores were 98-92, 99-91 and 97-93 all for Green.

Smith Halts Crawford At The End Of Nine.

After looking to be hind the cards through the first few rounds, welterweight Antwone Smith (17-1-1, 9KOs) came back roaring to drop Henry Crawford (22-1-1, 9KOs) in the sixth frame, landing a few jarring shots, while Crawford played a bit while back pedaling.

A rocked and unsteady Crawford prompted Smith to take full advantage by repeatedly nailing a near defenseless Crawford, with everyone calling for the fight to be stopped, the fighter received an impromptu break as the referee gave him a few seconds to recover after retrieving a mouthpiece knocked out by a shot.

Surprisingly, Crawford was not checked by any ringside doctor, rather was warned for a possible point loss for holding by referee Gerald Ritter ….

Crawford would regain his senses by betting on his bicycle in the seventh round, landing a nice combination at the end of the round.

Crawford did very well in the next round and the most of the ninth frame, until disaster struck once more with Smith nailing his foe with a right hand upstairs, sending him down at the end of the round.

Doing right by their fighter, Crawford’s corner stopped the fight after careful examinations and questioning in between rounds.

In the first televised fight of the night, stand out amateur star Super Middleweight Marcus ’’Too Much’’ Johnson remained undefeated at 18-0 with 14KOs after dropping and defeating Victor Villereal (8-4-2, 4KOs) in an eight round bout.

Scores were 80-71 on all cards.

© Copyright / All Rights reserved: Doghouse Boxing Inc. 1998-2009