|Floyd Mayweather Jr still the Pound for Pound King of Boxing according to the BBC
By Johnny Benz, Doghouse Boxing (Oct 1, 2008) DoghouseBoxing.com
Recently the staff at BBC Sport compiled a list of the top 10 pound for pound best Boxers in the game. It may come as a surprise to some that Floyd Mayweather Jr. who has officially retired from Boxing remains a top of the BBC's list.
Here is the list the BBC published as their top 10, starting from the tenth spot and working up to first place. In 10th place the BBC ranks Paul Williams, followed by 9th place going to Ricky Hatton. Israel Vazquez
took in the 8th position while Kelly Pavlik takes 7th. 6th place went to Miguel Cotto.
The Top 5, with 5th place going to Antonio Margarito and 4th taken by Juan Manuel Marquez. 3rd place is held by Joe Calzaghe, while 2nd place is taken by Manny Pacquiao. 1st place as stated went to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
The BBC's Top Pound for Pound Best:
1. Floyd Mayweather - Welterweight
2. Manny Pacquiao - Super-featherweight
3. Joe Calzaghe - Super-middleweight
4. Juan Manuel Marquez - Super-featherweight
5. Antonio Margarito - Welterweight
6. Miguel Cotto - Welterweight
7. Kelly Pavlik - Middleweight
8. Israel Vazquez - Super-bantamweight
9. Ricky Hatton - Light-welterweight
10. Paul Williams - Welterweight.
© Copyright / All Rights reserved: Doghouse Boxing Inc. 1998-2008